Is designer safe in automated future?
Amazing as it seem, these robots not only proved to be efficient but also potentially replacing human jobs. 1 in 3 UK jobs over next 20 years predicted by The Guardian. Is your job at risk? Check if a robot can take your job with Time. As a graphic designer my role is safe with 13% of your job can be done by a robot and it is safer than 86.8% of jobs
The result highlight what robot can and can't not do and it worth reviewing what it means to the design ecosystem.
- Maintain records, documents, or other files
- Operate still or video cameras or related equipment
- Review art or design materials
- Confer with clients to determine needs
- Collaborate with others to develop or refine designs
- Create computer-generated graphics or animation
- Draw detailed or technical illustrations
- Design layouts for print publications
- Design layout of art or product exhibits, displays, or promotional materials
- Research new technologies
Meanwhile logo designers are at risk with Logojoy which promise to create logo in a few clicks. It works beautifully in many levels, I use it as a screener for just-need-a-logo client.